Being able to communicate effectively with employees and other stakeholders is an important skill for a leader or manager. Getting your point across is essential.
Using the University online library resources, locate and read the following article:
· Rodman, L. (2001). You-attitude: A linguistic perspective. Business Communication Quarterly, 64(4), 9–25.http://www.thecampuscommon.com/library/ezproxy/ticketdemocs.asp?sch=auo&turl=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=5949866&site=ehost-live
Complete the following:
· Use the Internet to locate two passages that are examples of business communication. Analyze and evaluate the passages.
· Use the principles discussed in the article You-Attitude: A Linguistic Perspective, to rephrase the passages in a manner that increases communication efficacy.
· List the principles you used in each passage and explain how and why they have enhanced communication.
Write a paper and include the selected passages, the rephrased passages, and a double-spaced one-page list of the communication principles used for each passage along with the rationale behind their usage.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M1_A3.doc.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Identified two examples of business communication and rephrased them to increase their communication efficacy.||40|
|Explained the principles used to analyze and rephrase each passage, and described how the rephrasing has enhanced communication.||40|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||20|
Module 1 Readings
Complete the following readings early in the module:
· Read the online lectures for Module 1
· From the textbook, Leadership Communication, read the following chapters:
· Chapter 1- What is leadership communication?
· Chapter 2 – Leadership communication purpose, strategy, and structure
· Chapter 3 – The language of leaders
· Appendix A – Self-Assessment of Leadership Communication Capabilities
Note: On the Online Library homepage, click on the Find Articles button. On the Find Articles & More page, find the link to the database Business Source Complete in the alphabetical list. In Business Source Complete, search by the article title to locate the full text of the article.
· From the University online library resources, read:
· Adkins, B. (2006). The answer to workplace conflict: Communication. Fort Worth Business Press, 19(22), 25.
· Maini, B. S., & Morrel-Samuels, P. (2006). Cascading improvements in communication: Adopting a new approach to organizational communication. Physician Executive, 32(5) 38–43. https://login.libproxy.edmc.edu/login?url=http://search.proquest.com .libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/199989802?accountid=34899
· Pullen, C. (2010). Business communication 301. Journal of Financial Planning, 23(6), 50–51. https://login.libproxy.edmc.edu/login?url=http://search.proquest.com .libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/365490561?accountid=34899
· Robbins, S. (2009). Seven communication mistakes managers make. Harvard Management Update, 14(2), 3–4.http://www.thecampuscommon.com/library/ezproxy/ticketdemocs.asp?sch=auo&turl=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=37018942&site=eds-live
· Sethi, D., & Seth, M. (2009). Interpersonal communication: Lifeblood of an organization. IUP Journal of Soft Skills, 3(3/4), 32–40.http://www.thecampuscommon.com/library/ezproxy/ticketdemocs.asp?sch=auo&turl=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=47506250&site=ehost-live
· Westcott, R. (2007). Re-examining the traditional communication model. The Journal for Quality and Participation, 30(2), 22–28.https://login.libproxy.edmc.edu/login?url=http://search.proquest.com .libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/219121097?accountid=34899