· The use of case studies has been incorporated throughout the unit to provide a range of ‘real world’ business examples. They introduce a selection of business case studies which include product successes and failures. Some also demonstrate how businesses have tackled challenges and as a result regained market dominance. Your recognition of the issues faced in the marketing environment is required. Informed discussion with relevance to previous and current marketing studies is also required in response to the questions posed by the case studies.
· You are required to provide a written analysis of one case study – Kill_Kapture (under session 5 on the unit website). The answers to the case study analysis are to be typed (single line spacing), minimum of 1,000 words plus any appendices and a reference list. Provide answers to the following:
1. Identify the demographic characteristics of the target market for Kill_Kapture.
2. In psychographic segmentation of the target market for the Kill_Kapture brand, how does the concept of self-orientation apply?
3. What type of targeting strategy is Kill_Kapture using?
· The written answers should be used to contribute to the class discussion of the topic. Wider reading is encouraged and referencing to academic journals should be used where appropriate.
· Refer to the case study analysis marking guide (below) for detailed marking criteria.
· The assignment is to be submitted on the unit website link
· The case study analysis must be submitted together with an Urkund similarity report.
· A penalty of 10% per day (to a total of 30% which is the total allocated for the assessment) will be applied for late submissions.
Case study analysis marking guide
The assessment will be marked according to the following criteria:
|Objective/Criteria||Pass||Credit||Distinction||High Distinction||Total 30%|
|3 questions answered in sufficient depth minimum 1,000 words, with well informed, logical discussion||5||6||7||8||10|
|Understanding of academic theory – analysis of relevant theories with application to the case study||3||3.6||4.2||4.8||6|
|Understanding of broader concepts – additional research demonstrated with discussion from a broader perspective which provides support to the analysis||3||3.6||4.2||4.8||6|
|Academic research – 4 peer reviewed academic journal articles correctly cited and referenced and with relevance to the discussion||2||2.4||2.8||3.2||4|
|Quality of writing – clarity in writing, concise, avoiding grammatical and spelling errors||1||1.2||1.4||1.6||2|
|Overall report presentation – correct referencing, appropriate appendices and correct formatting. Urkund report provided.