Due Week 5 and worth 200 points
As you are reviewing the growth of your selected company, you are noticing how diversity and sexual harassment issues are impacting the overall company culture. You want to make sure that your friend is not vulnerable to any legal issues that could jeopardize the survivability of the company. You realize that you may need to start implementing a few policies now instead of waiting until the HR department has been fully materialized. You will also need to communicate the policies to the managers, staff and employees of your selected company.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you: (please DO NOT leave open spaces to count for page length)
1. Create a diversity policy for your selected company to mitigate discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, etc. and to promote a diverse workplace. Note: Use the following samples as guidance.
Hint: Review the sample diversity policy
Hint: Review the Sample Human Resources Policies, Checklists, Forms, and Procedures, or use a sample policy from a company you are familiar with as guidance.
2. Create a sexual harassment policy for your selected company to address a sexual harassment complaint. Cover both quid pro quo and hostile work environment types of harassment in your policy.
Hint: Review “Sample Policy 1: Sexual Harassment”
Hint: Review the Sample Human Resources Policies, Checklists, Forms, and Procedures, located at , or use a sample policy from a company you are familiar with as guidance.
Hint: Review the article titled “How to address an employee sexual harassment complaint”
3. Use the Diversity or Sexual Harassment Training Plan template to develop a training plan to communicate one (1) of the policies you created (the diversity policy or the sexual harassment policy) to the company’s managers, staff and employees.
Note: The completed Training Plan should be incorporated into the paper and is counted towards the total page length requirement for this assignment.
Hint: Review the article titled “How Do I Plan a Human Resource Training Program in an Organization Setting”
4. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as an academic resource.
5. Format your assignment according to these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Please use reference:
Lussier, R., & Hendon, J. (2016) Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development (2nd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications, Inc.