Assignment 4: Supply Chain Management and Financial Plan $20
”One of the most important steps in launching a new business venture is fashioning a well-designed, practical, realistic financial plan” (Scarborough & Cornwall, 2015, p. 454).
With this assignment, you are creating two important elements of a financial plan: an Income Statement and Balance Sheet. You also are preparing an outline of a presentation of your business plan to potential investors or lenders.
Using the business you created from Assignments 2 and 3, write a three to four (3–4) page paper in which you:
1. Prepare a simple pro forma (projected) income statement and balance sheet for the first two years of operation, using income projections and incorporating an advertising plan.
2. Outline a plan for hiring and retaining competent, motivated employees for your business.
3. Prepare an outline for a “pitch,” i.e., a short 20–30 minute business plan presentation that will be made to lenders or investors.
4. Include at least two (2) references outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
“Location and Quality Control” Please respond to the following:
· Identify three (3) factors you would recommend be used to select a location for a business in order to provide it with a competitive advantage. Next, select a location, and state the reasons that support your site selection. (If you envision this business being online only, then identify a temporary, pop-up site that will help this business enter a new market.)
· You want to adopt a program to improve quality and efficiency within a company. Analyze four (4) quality control tools (Lean Principles, 5S Principles, Six Sigma, and Total Quality Management). Next, discuss which tool you would select to implement into a business. Justify your response.
“Inventory and Staffing”
· Discuss three (3) inventory factors that you believe could present problems for a business. Next, create a strategy that would help mitigate these challenges.
· Outline a strategic plan for hiring and retaining competent, motivated employees within a business.