The Case Process Sheet
• A Case Process Sheet template will be provided on D2L
• The contents of the Case Process Sheet should fit on one page.
• A completed Case Process Sheet is due by the start of class on day the case is assigned.
• Submit the Case Process Sheet to the appropriate “Assignments” folder on D2L.
• Put yourself in the decision-makers place
• Recognize and focus on the two most important immediate tasks to be resolved.
• Prioritize if more than two tasks need to be addressed in a specific organizational context
• Identify a basic issue for each immediate issue
• Put the immediate issue into a larger context.
• Go beyond the case specifics and generalize to a framework or theory in this course or another course or discipline.
• List two alternatives that potentially resolve the most important immediate issue.
• Be specific on what is to be implemented.
• Identify the two best qualitative or quantitative criteria tied to the context provided in the case and appropriate in view of the importance and urgency of the decision.
• Move from an analytical mode to a decision mode.
• Assess qualitative and quantitative tradeoffs of each alternative.
• Be logical
• State your expectation of which alternative will be best, and why.
- Slide Number 1
- The Case Process Sheet
- Immediate Issues
- Basic Issues
- Alternative Generation
- Decision Criteria
- Alternative Assessment