In chapter 1 of Terry Cooke-Davies’ book Aspects of Complexity he breaks down a number of factors for the causes of complexity: –
1. Unhelpful Behavior (Cooke-Davies 2011, p.4);
2. Failure to Appreciate Systemicity (Cooke-Davies 2011, p.5);
3. Models (Cooke-Davies 2011, p.5);
4. Simplistic Project Management (Cooke-Davies 2011, p.5);
5. Over-Ambitious Strategic Management (Cooke-Davies 2011, p.6);
· and other factors…
Please consider one of the 5 factors above and provide an example of a project where you believe that factor was a reason for complexity in the project. Explain the outcome of this factor and whether your explanation is consistent with Terry Cooke-Davies’ observations.