Please select one of the topics below to address in your Course Project
· In today’s economic climate, with more and more organizations continuing to shed jobs, can unions survive?
· Consider a specific union, such as the United Auto Workers, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Teamsters, National Education Association, American Federation of Teachers, and so forth, and discuss their viability into the future. What does this specific union need to focus on to remain in the business world?
· What changes are needed for unions to maintain support from their membership, the community, and the employers?
· Labor unions are experiencing a decline, which includes political influence and membership. How does politics influence membership decline?
· What generational aspects (i.e., baby boomers, Generation X, Generation Y) have influenced labor unions and will continue to do so?
· What other external dynamics are impacting labor unions? For example, how does the global workforce impact union strategies? For unions, where were they, where are they, and where do they need to go to remain or regain an active and viable organization in the 21st century?
· For unions, where were they, where are they, and where do they need to go to remain or regain an active and viable organization in the 21st century?
· What is the future of public sector employees and their union membership? A number of states have focused on reducing benefits and union rights. Is this the future and will this focus spread to other organizations outside of the public sector that have unions?
· What types of bargaining strategies need to be put into place for unions to be able to survive inside organizations?
· Write an 12 to 15-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) that identifies the challenges that unions face in the 21st century.
· Include all aspects of the assignment criteria outlined.
· Use a 12-point Times Roman or Arial font, double-space it, and have 1 in. margins as a standard format.
· Do not include extra lines between paragraphs and so forth.
· You should use theory throughout your paper, which covers the aspects of the TCOs reviewed in the previous weeks.
· You should use a minimum of six scholarly resources (The DeVry Library is a located in course resources)
· DeVry University policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy: cite in text when quoting (copying information word for word) or using words and thoughts that are not your own.
· Submit assignments in Word documents only to the Dropbox by the due date.
· Graphs and tables are not needed and should not be used in this paper.
· Grammar, punctuation, spelling, and so forth will all be taken into consideration when awarding points.
· Proofread your papers before submitting; spell check is not foolproof.
· This paper will be graded on the quality of the research topic, quality of paper information, and use of citations, grammar, and sentence structure.
· Papers are due in Week 7 of this course.
· Voice Thread Power Point
· In Week 7, each group will present their course project in the form of a PowerPoint presentation. Each member of the group must participate in the presentation. The presentation should be synopses of the course project and must not exceed 10 minutes.