153 Shiloh Rd
LATRICE D. JONES Jackson Ga. 30233
Phone: (678) 608-9482
“Distinguished Veteran with 15 Years Military Experience with a Flair for Business Administration, Customer Service and Working Diligently with Others while Striving for Excellence.”
A highly skilled and business oriented professional dedicated to providing exceptional care and customer service. Effective motivator and communicator with inherent ability to manage various types of individuals, diffuse stressful situations, proactively resolve issues and meet and achieve challenging goals and objectives. Innate ability to quickly establish rapport, interact with and relate to individuals on various levels. Superior leadership skills, team-oriented and possesses strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
· Relationship-builder with exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
· Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize, work independently, plan and execute work by setting priorities, organize work and meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of vital information
· Skill in managing the day-to-day operations of a busy office with particular emphasis on scheduling meetings and travel, utilizing automated on-line systems, establishing and maintaining files, and communicating with high level officials, customers, and visitors.
· Ability to research, interpret, and apply written procedures, regulations, or policies pertaining to travel, and other administrative functions.
· Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality and other ethical standards
· Proven organizational leadership, supervisory skills
· Experience working in college setting
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Adept with student information system (BANNER)
ARGOSY UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, Georgia
• Pursing Doctorate Degree in Organizational Leadership
ARGOSY UNIVERSITY, Atlanta Georgia
· Masters of Business Administration 2014
STRAYER UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, Georgia 2013
· Bachelor of Business Administration with concentration in Human Resource Management
SOUTHERN CRESCENT TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Griffin, Georgia February 2018-Present
· Default Management Coordinator
· Process Return 2 Title IV funds to Department of Education on student accounts
· Research and interprets student loan regulations and implements changes necessary to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
· Process SAL Loans and Federal Student loans
Financial Aid Technician
ATLANTA METROPOLITAN STATE COLLEGE, Atlanta, Georgia April 2016-February 2018
Student Loan Coordinator
· Manage the student loan program of an estimated volume of $5 million.
· Managed Federal work study program, maintained job descriptions, pay rates, job placement and supervised work study students.
· Reconcile Loans every 30 days, end of the year Pell reconciliation using reports from COD to ensure accurate end of the year account balances.
· Process student files selected for verification
ATLANTA METROPOLITAN STATE COLLEGE, Atlanta, Georgia May 2015-April 2016
Financial Aid Assistant I/ Scanner Imaging Specialist- Division of Student Affairs
· Disseminate student financial aid information to students, parents, and staff members in orientation sessions or one-on-one; by telephone and email, and at outreach events as needed.
· Served on Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Committee, reviewed appeals for reinstatement of financial aid, prepared and distributed written materials, notified students of committee decisions, updated student accounts
· Conducted file review including – when required: verification, professional judgments, dependency overrides
ATLANTA METROPOLITAN STATE COLLEGE, Atlanta, Georgia Nov 2013-Arp 2015
Office Manager – Division of Student Affairs
· Assists the Vice President of Student Affairs in carrying out the mission and goals of the Division of Student Affairs
· Assists the Vice President in ensuring sound fiscal management of divisional budgets
· Performs administrative functions that require a thorough knowledge of college and Board of Regents policies, procedures, and operations
· Serve as a liaison between vice president and students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, the community, and legislators.
UNITED STATES NAVY, Sasebo Japan Jan 2006 – Aug 2009
· Recruited, interviewed, evaluated and placed candidates in Auxiliary Security Force Academy.
· Conducted background checks and positively identified viable candidates for Auxiliary Security Force positions.