For this Assessment, you will research and apply for a grant to support an early childhood program you identify. You may develop a grant proposal for a grant you choose or from one of the sources listed above.
For Part I of this Assessment, you will identify the context for your grant proposal along with the needs of the program that could be addressed through additional funding.
For Part II of this Assessment, you will evaluate various sources for grant funding and determine which sources best meet the needs you identified in Part I.
For Part III of this Assessment, you will create a grant proposal for a grant you identified in Part II or one of the grants provided in the Learning Resources referenced in the Assessment.
Your response to this Assessment should:
1. Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric, which provides information on how the Assessment will be evaluated.
2. Adhere to the required assignment length.
3. Use the APA course paper template available here for Parts l and II. (Note: Grant application formats will vary.) All submissions must follow the conventions of scholarly writing. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided where appropriate.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
•Target. (2015). Grants: FAQs. – https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/community/philanthropy/grants-faqs
•Daniels Fund. (2014). Daniels Fund grant program: Overview. – http://www.danielsfund.org/Grants/index.asp
•Child Care Lounge. (2010). Grants for early childhood education. – http://www.childcarelounge.com/director-articles/grants.php
•Crayola. (2014a). Champion Creatively Alive Children: Grant program.
This assessment has three-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
Write a 3- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
1. A description of an early childhood program that will serve as the context for this Assessment and one need the program has that could be effectively addressed by targeted funding Note: This description must include relevant information about the children and families served by the program (i.e., the ages of children, their cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and socioeconomic status).
2. An explanation of who is affected, why it is important to address the need, and how the funds obtained from the grant will be used to contribute to positive social
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that includes the following:
1. An annotated list of at least three grant sources that align with the program for which you would like to seek funding Note: Include a brief description of the elements in each source’s proposal guidelines or application (i.e., population to be served, goals and objectives, evaluation, budget, plan of action, and staffing requirements).
2. A comparison of the sources in light of the identified need from Part I Note: Identify the source that is best aligned to the need you identified and explain your thinking
Complete a grant application of your choice or complete one of the grant applications provided with this Work Product. Submit a copy of your grant application.