Unit: Developmental Methods for Strategic Planning
Due Date: Wed, 8/29/18
Grading Type: Numeric
Points Possible: 100
Points Earned: 0
Deliverable Length: 900–1,200 words
View objectives for this assignment
Looking for tutoring? Go to Smarthinking
Collapse All | Expand All Collapse All | Expand All
Create the framework and preparation for a homeland security or emergency management strategic plan for your agency at the local level of government. Start with the idea that there is no previous work on this project and that you are the first person to approach such an idea.
Complete the following:
· Address the following in 900–1,200 words:
· Develop a timeline that includes the who, what, where, and how of the process.
· Include the critical components, such as the following:
· Public expectations
· Who will be involved in the process (not by name but by function)
· An assessment of the environment, goals, and objectives of the plan.
· Create a mission or vision for your plan.
· The intent of this project is to identify the planning that you would take to initiate a strategic planning process, not to create the plan itself.
· Include 3 possible impediments to your process and your potential solutions to these impediments.
· Defend your position and your choice of organization for your strategic plan.
· Be sure to reference all of your sources using APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
· Describe and discuss developmental methods for strategic planning.
There is no additional information to display at this time.
· Extra Credit
· View Assignment Rubric