Running head: DOC HEADER HERE 1
DOC HEADER HERE – to modify the header – click INSERT-then chose HEADER – edit header 3
Please delete all red type instructions prior to submission and fill in with your original information. **Make sure your paper is typed in BLACK font
This Assignment should be written adhering to the guidelines of Standard American English. This means that your thoughts should be well-organized, logical, and unified as well as original with the viewpoint and purpose clearly established and sustained. Standard American English guidelines also include the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. All writing should be in in APA Formatting and Citation style.
Perspectives and Theories in Psychology
PS124 – Unit 5 Assignment
After watching the videos, select one video (and delete the other video titles) and complete the following template using complete sentences and paragraphs. Your Assignment should be a min of 2 FULL pages, and no more than 4 pages, not including the Cover and Reference pages.
1. “Identify the study (video) you selected.”
· The Bystander Effect
· The Milgram Experiment
· Learned Helplessness
· The Stanford Prison Experiment
2. “Summarize the results of this study and what implications it has with regards to human behavior and mental processes that you’ve learned about in Units 4-5.”
Indent first line of paragraphs. Use double-spacing for all paragraphs
3. “Discuss what is meant by the term states of consciousness and apply it to your research study, considering whether it impacted the behavior or mental processes of the subjects involved.”
Define all terms in your own words, using info from the text, and remember your citations.
4. “Consider whether or not you think this research could explain the development of psychological disorders? Explain your reasoning using reference to the study and the disorder(s).”
5. “Theories lead to hypotheses, which lead to research. Explain which theory you think may have been the influence for the research study that you chose. (For example: psychodynamic, humanistic, social cognitive, behaviorism, or trait theory) Explain your reasoning using reference to the study and the theory.”
Review the Assignment Rubric for more information.
Doe, J. (2013). This is a sample APA book citation. (2nd ed., Vol. 12, pp. 59–99). New York, NY: Kaplan.
Doe, J. (2013). This is a sample APA journal article. Sample APA Journal Articles Weekly, 52(1), 34–76.
Author, A. A. [Screen name]. (year, month day). Title of video [Video file]. Retrieved from http://xxxxx
Note: The following are two examples of citing videos in APA format:
Doe, J. [digitalscreen]. (2015, March 23). How to cite videos APA style [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.schooltube.com/watch?v=8kjkj89809
If the user’s real name is not available, include just the screen name and eliminate the brackets:
Screen name. (year, month day). Title of video [Video file]. Retrieved from http://xxxxx.jjj.xxxx.hhh
Digitalscreen. (2015, March 23). How to cite videos APA style [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.schooltube.com/watch?v=8kjkj89809