Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tuskegee University
EENG 0323: Signals and Systems, Fall 2018
Total Points: 100, Due Date: 10-05-2018
Using MATLAB, create and plot the following signals for time 𝑡 = −10 to 𝑡 = 10.
a) 𝑥1(𝑡) = 𝑒 −0.2𝑡
b) 𝑥2(𝑡) = 1 − 𝑒 −0.2𝑡
c) 𝑥3(𝑡) = 𝑒 0.2𝑡
d) 𝑥4(𝑡) = 1 − 𝑒 0.2𝑡
e) 𝑥5(𝑡) = cos(0.5𝜋𝑡)
f) 𝑥6(𝑡) = 𝑒 −0.2𝑡 cos(0.5𝜋𝑡)
g) 𝑥7(𝑡) = 𝑒𝑗𝑡+𝑒−𝑗𝑡
h) 𝑥8(𝑡) = 𝑒𝑗𝑡−𝑒−𝑗𝑡
i) 𝑥9(𝑡) = 𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡 [ 𝑡
j) 𝑥10(𝑡) = cos(0.5𝜋𝑡) × 𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡 [ 𝑡
k) 𝑥11(𝑡) = ∑ 𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡 [ 𝑡−4𝑖
l) 𝑥12(𝑡) = cos(0.5𝜋𝑡) × ∑ 𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑡 [ 𝑡−4𝑖
• Create one single m-file and include the coding for all twelve signals in the same file. Save
your m-file as Project1_LastName_FirstName.m.
• Run the file to generate the outputs/plots. Remember to include ‘grid’, and appropriate/relevant
‘axes labels’ and ‘title’ in each plot.
• Put the complete code and the corresponding outputs (plots) in a Word document. Include
figure captions, as/if needed.
• Submit the printed/paper version of the word document (project report) with a cover page
within the deadline.
• Email the m-file (actual MATLAB code) to the instructor within the deadline.
• Each student must do his/her own project.
• Any trace of copying/plagiarism (from others or from internet) will result in zero points/credit
in the project.
• If two or more projects (codes, report) can be identified as having traces of copying/plagiarism
from each other, all those project works/reports will get zero points/credit.