Essay Writing Prompts
Writing Assignment #1:
1. Money Attitudes Questionnaire: Complete the Money Attitudes Questionnaire and write 2-3 sentences reflecting on the challenges you might face in making financial decisions
2. Prioritizing Goals: Create a list of personal financial goals for the next 5 years. For each one, identify the level of priority for that goal and a rough estimate of how much it will cost you to achieve that goal.
3. Breaking Large Goals into Subgoals
Select your three highest priority financial goals. Identify several subgoals that will help you achieve your larger goal. Each of these should be specific, measureable, attainable, realistic, and time-specific.
4. Spending Log: Create a budget and begin tracking your spending using the Spending Log from September 2 through September 23. Using this Log enter your transactions into a copy of this worksheet, total up your weekly expenditures as an aid in more accurate estimation of monthly and annual expenditures for your Budget Creation.
· In 4-5 sentences reflect on the following: Are there any “cash leaks” in your spending patterns? How much money could you apply toward other financial goals on a monthly/ annual basis if you were to reduce spending in this category?
· Note: For your 2nd Writing Assignment you will be discussing your budgeting skills in greater detail.
5. In your own words please describe both a Personal Balance Sheet and personal Cash Flow Statement. Including how they are calculates and how they are used.