GU299 Week 3 Assignment
For this assignment I am during UNICEF protecting the World’s Children
General Education Capstone – Week 3 Assignment
Researching Cultural Challenges
You have been hired by XYZ University as a consultant. They want you to evaluate an organization to see if a service learning opportunity would benefit future students and the community. Your initial recommendation is due in week 5 and will be based on the research you collect in your first four assignments.
· Last week you described community partnerships and volunteers within your organization. You also discussed the benefits of service learning for students and communities.
· Your task this week is to expand your research to cultural challenges, humanitarian considers, and roadblocks faced by the organization.
· XYZ University has required you to find at least three peer-reviewed articles in the EBSCO library to support your research this week. EBSCO tutorial.
Complete the following steps.
Step 1: Introduction – Provide a quick introduction to the organization you have chosen. Briefly describe the population that the organization seeks to serve. Describe briefly how the organization’s mission connects to what the organization does to help these populations. Briefly describe what the organization does to serve these populations. Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section. Citation tutorial
Step 2: Humanitarian Considerations – Describe the challenges the populations served by the organization face in our current society. Based on research and specific evidence, does the organization engages in “charity” work or “solidarity” work? What specifically could the organization do differently to engage more fully in “solidarity” work? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 3: Cultural Challenges – What challenges might students have in engaging with the unique and diverse populations served by the organization? Based on your research, how might students overcome these issues? How might the university support students in overcoming these challenges? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 4: Roadblocks – What potential liabilities could exist by having students of the XYZ University participate with service learning and the organization? Has the organization had any issues in the past that might reflect poorly on the University? What risks might the student face by participating in service learning with the organization? How are these liabilities and issues related to the diverse cultural populations served by the organization? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 5: Conclusion – What cultural conflicts are likely to occur if a student participates in service learning at this organization? How might cultural issues or disagreements between the student, the organization, and the diverse populations the organization serves be resolved? How can the University support these resolutions? What are the potential risks to the university? Provide at least one citation from a peer-reviewed article to support your claims in this section.
Step 6: References – On a separate reference page, list all the references you have cited in your paper to support your claims.
This is a different assignment “Foundation of Marketing”
The Power of Marketing
· Marketers cannot create demand or make people buy things that they don’t want or need. However marketing is designed to persuade, inform, and remind people about the availability, choices, features, and advantages associated with new and existing products/services.
· A friend of yours agrees with the following adage, “People don’t know what they want, they only want what they know.” Write a one-page paper expressing the extent to which you think marketers shape consumer wants, needs, and must haves.
Before you get started on that one page paper take the time to review the following video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK_hxXAYVzA It is a video authored by famous Co-Founder of Apple, Steve Jobs and his insights into the marketing world and how marketing = values and living in a noisy world.