· Why is there a need for such a group?
· What type of group are you forming?
· For whom is the group intended? Identify the specific population. What do you know about the needs for this population?
· Most importantly your rationale for this group needs or be clear and convincing, remember you might have to convince an audience about why there is a need for your group.
· State your goals or what you expect to achieve?
· How many members in your group? Is there a specific age group?
· Are you planning to conduct any pre-group interviewing or pre-screening candidates?
· Where will the group meet and how long will the sessions be?
· Will it be an open or closed group? Would there be any group pre-selection or pre-screening?
· What topics will be explored in this group?
· This part should include how you see your initial goals achieved, or what you expect your group members to accomplish after attending your group.