· Typed, double-spaced, one-inch margins, minimum of three pages (750 words) and maximum of five pages (1250 words) using 12 point Times New Roman font.
· A cover page and a separate reference page.
· Follow APA 6th edition format: at a minimum, you should have one reference listed from the textbook and assigned reading. Additional outside references from a quality peer-reviewed journal article(s) will enhance the quality of your reflection paper. Consult the UCF Library Social Work Research Guide for assistance in selecting an appropriate database to locate an appropriate journal article. http://guides.ucf.edu/c.php?g=78120&p=505211
· The paper is worth 10 points.
To Prepare to Write the Paper:
1. Read Chapters 1 and 2 from the textbook. Chapter 1—The Development through Life Perspective and Chapter 2: Major Theories for Understanding Human Development.
2. Read the assigned chapter from Rogers, A. (2010). Human Behavior in the Social Environment. RogersChapteronTheoryinSocialWork.pdf
3. Review the Ethical Principles and Ethical Standards contained in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers. https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
CONTENT OF THE Reflection Paper:
· The purpose of this paper is to; (1) understand the purpose and role of theory, conceptual frameworks and ethical standards to understand human behavior and the social environment; and (2) to apply knowledge of theories of human behavior and the person-in-environment to analyze individual development, needs, diversity, and biopsychosocial functioning. (Practice Behaviors 2, 14, 15, 17, 24, 27)
· This paper will need to be organized by responding to each of the topics listed below.
· Do not merely summarize sections from the textbook chapters and additional references you have read. Analyze and apply the ideas and concepts from your sources throughout the paper.
Respond to the Following Topics in Your Paper:
1. After reviewing the case of Janice (pg. 1 in Rogers, (2010). Chapter 1: Theory: The Foundation of Social Work) and the entire chapter answer the following:
1. What are the 3 most important problems faced by Janice that might cause her to seek out the services of a social worker? Justify your choices.
2. In what ways might your cultural experiences and prior knowledge have helped determine which problem areas you see as most important?
3. How do the problems faced by Janice illustrate connections between biological, psychological and social systems?
2. Describe how you would use one of the major theories for understanding human development (psychosexual, cognitive developmental, learning, cultural, social role, systems) presented in Chapter 2 of the Newman & Newman (2015) textbook.
1. How would the theory help you conceptualize the case of Janice for the purpose of assessing her needs and developing a social work intervention plan?
2. What are the strengths and limitations of the theory for conceptualizing the case of Janice? Use the criteria in box 1.1 on pg. 13 of the chapter by Rogers (2010) to evaluate the usefulness of the theory for developing a social work practice assessment and intervention plan.
***** Turninin.com is activated to prevent plagiarism. Please use your own language. I highly recommend you consult with UCF writing center before submitting the assignment. Suggested outline and rubric are available here: Suggested outline and Rubric.pdf A template is available here: APA style_Template_SOW3104 HBSE.docx