Identify your research question. Refine it from your original question, if needed, based upon the research you have completed.
Create an Annotated Bibliography from the 10 references used in your Reference List assignment. Be sure to include an APA-style reference for each article. Each annotation must be 100-150 words in length and include the following elements:
1. a paraphrased summary of the article (refer to the note on paraphrasing below),
2. an explanation of why it is considered a scholarly reference, and
3. a reflection on how it is applicable to your research.
Note: Go to the Student Success Center and search key words “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies” for help with this assignment.
Note on Paraphrasing: Paraphrasing the ideas of others is a requirement in academic writing and graduate study. Paraphrasing is using your own words to restate ideas or information from a source material. As you write each annotation, use these three main steps to paraphrasing:
1. Identify the original idea(s) in the article.
2. Identify general points regarding the idea(s).
3. Summarize the general points of the article in your own words.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.