Your bags are packed for a family vacation to Jamaica, and you leave in three days. There is no way that you can get a refund since you purchased your airfare and hotel through a special offer on a travel website. Your co-worker calls out of work for one week, saying her child has the flu and she can’t come to work because she has no one to watch her child. Your supervisor says you have to cover that co-worker’s shift AGAIN for the fourth time in two months. Unfortunately, if you cover the shift you will miss your vacation, and you will lose the money you spent on it.
· How would you manage this job conflict, and why? Do you:
· Avoid your supervisor and call out sick
· Collaborate with your supervisor to come up with a solution
· Accommodate your supervisor and skip your vacation
Your supervisor has asked to you write a brief email on the vacation policy changes to be distributed to staff. You have just finished up and have sent your newly constructed email to the staff. Now, you must call your supervisor and leave a voice mail response updating him or her that you have sent out the new vacation policy email to staff. For this assignment, write out what you would say in the voicemail to your supervisor.
Write up a follow-up reply voice mail for your supervisor in which you:
1. Inform your supervisor that you have completed the email.
2. Confirm to which employees you sent the email.
3. Confirm the date and time when you sent the email.
4. Target the appropriate professional audience.
5. Meet three to five (3-5) sentence minimum requirement.
6. Use correct sentence mechanics, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
Privacy” Please respond to the following:
· Debate It: Take a position on this statement: You have zero privacy anyway. Get over it. Support your views with one or two reasons and/or examples. (Cite any sources you have referenced.)