Answer each question with between 100 and 150 words.
1. Distinguish between interest groups and political parties.
2. Compare and contrast the various responsibilities and functions of the House and Senate.
3. Discuss the significance of the filibuster.
5. Explain the president’s role as chief executive and how the president controls and directs federal bureaucratic agencies of government.
6. Discuss the Watergate Scandal of the Nixon Administration within the political and ethical context of the separation of powers. What was the impact of the Watergate Scandal on American politics?