Write a five-page analysis of the American Civil War.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 3: Examine how the Civil War was a catalyst for economic change.
. Analyze the conflict between industry and agriculture in America.
. Examine the economic shifts after the Civil War.
. Analyze the cultural shift after the Civil War.
. Investigate the emotional impact of the Civil War.
. Analyze whether slavery might have been profitable for the South in 1860.
· Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
Write a five-page examination of the American Civil War. Address the following in your examination:
· Analyze the concept that the war was one between industry and agriculture, with industry coming out the winner.
· Examine ways in which the Civil War was a catalyst for economic change.
· Analyze how the cultural shift after the Civil War was not easily embraced.
· Examine how the Civil War still has an emotional impact on people living today.
· Examine whether technology such as the cotton gin could have affected the need for slavery in the South.
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
· Number of resources: Minimum of one peer reviewed resource.
· Length of paper: Five typed, double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.