Write a five-page examination of the role of the frontier in American life.
This assessment allows you to show your understanding of a key concept in American culture.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 2: Discuss the role of frontier in American culture.
. Discuss the concept of manifest destiny.
. Describe the role that the frontier played in U.S. cultures.
. Examine the concept of the pioneer spirit in U.S. culture from the past to present.
. Describe the importance of oil both at home and abroad in American politics.
. Discuss the future of the frontier spirit.
· Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
Examine the role of the frontier in the shaping of America in a five-page paper. Address the following in your examination:
· Discuss the concept of manifest destiny and Americans as a people on the move.
· What role has the frontier played in U.S. culture?
· Examine the concept of the pioneer spirit in U.S. culture from the past to present.
· Describe the importance of oil both at home and abroad in American politics.
· Discuss the status of the American space program and its implications for future politics and economics in America.
· Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
· Number of resources: Minimum of one peer-reviewed resource.
· Length of paper: Five typed, double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.