Project Charter: Mr. and Mrs. Johnson William Wedding Fundraiser
Project Sponsor: Jones Miller Date Created: July, 13, 2018
Project Manager: Wilson Garcia Date Updated: July, 13, 2018
Mr. and Mrs. William Johnson intend to have a wedding that will take place on December 20, 2018. The project team aims to raise an amount of money totaling to $15, 000 which is the estimated amount that will run the events of the program as expected, ensure success and satisfy all the guests. The fundraising that will enable the project team to raise the money that is needed for the wedding is scheduled for August 15, 2018.
· To ensure that the team raises the amount of money required for the wedding project, $15,000.
· To locate and secure a comfortable and classic location for the wedding, a place that can host 200 guests.
· Hold a fundraising event for the wedding project on August 15, 2018.
· To market the wedding event to potential donors who can fund the activities.
· To have enough personnel for the success of the project, a team that will run the project.
· Hold a wedding by the end of the year, December 20, 2018.
· To ensure the wedding project is successfully done and all the guests are satisfied.
3.0 Project Scope
The wedding is scheduled for December 20, 2018. Fundraising is to be held on August 15, 2018, to raise the $15,000 required to run the wedding event. The expected guests for the wedding are 200.
4.0 Key human resources
· Mr. and Mrs. William, the couple.
· Wilson Garcia, the project manager.
· Ava Olivia, site planner.
· Jones Miller, the project sponsor.
· Liam Brown, catering consultant.
· Maryanne Smith, décor personnel.
· Shawn Stephen, event coordinator.
5.0 Project Budget
|Transport||Hired cars||$ 1,200|
|Entertainment||DJ costs||$ 2,000|
|Venue||An event hall hosting 200 guests||$4,000|
|Catering||Food preparation and serving||$3,000|
|Security||Hiring security guards||$2,500|
|Décor||Gowns and venue decorations||$2,000|
6.0 Project Milestones
|Project proposal and approval||29/05/2018||06/07/2018|
|Fundraising event||August, 15, 2018.|
|Venue visitation||December, 18, 2018|
|Venue preparation and decoration||December, 19, 2018.|
|The wedding event||December, 20. 2018|
|The project closeout||December, 20, 2018||December, 21, 2018|
7.0 Project Risks
· Low guests attendance.
· Failure to meet the set objectives.
· Poor weather.
· Lack of teamwork among the key stakeholders.
· Poor security for our guests.
· Delays resulting from uncertainties such as the poor weather.
· Poor planning skills among the project team which may lead to unexpected failures.