the class will be discussing “Delta Airlines: The Latin American Contact Center Decision.” It is quite possible that the material that we develop as a group will become the basis for our final exam which will be held in class on December 6th.
In order to insure that all students are prepared and that our discussions are vigorous, I am assigning some written preparation for you to bring to class. This will be collected on the first day of discussion, and will be graded. Please prepare typewritten answers to the following questions.
Questions to answer:
1. Summarize this case in five sentences.
2. Why does Delta want to consolidate its Latin American reservations offices?
3. What does Delta need in a location for its Latin American Contact Center?
4. What are the pros/cons of Mexico? Of Argentina? Of Chile?
5. If you were the project manager, which country would you recommend? Why?
6. What overall business lessons can be learned from this case?
Please be sure that your answers are justified by solid consideration of the case material. Please do not wander outside of the material, nor assume facts not included. Outlining your answers on a single sheet of paper is perfectly acceptable. Brevity, as always, is encouraged, but not at the expense of thoroughness. I am available by email if you find yourself ‘stuck’ on any of these issues. As usual in case discussions, there are no ‘right’ answers or ‘wrong’ ones. What matters here is YOUR answer, and the consequences we’d face if that answer became a decision.
Please feel free to study collaboratively with your classmates, but your written submission must be your work alone.
It is necessary for you to bring your CoursePack, notes, and a calculator to these discussions. I will be grading your participation in class.